STEP BACK IN TIME MORE THAN 300 YEARS
Surviving resources found within the Lowcountry's often-overgrown thickets embrace the essence of the New World's wealthiest 18th century agricultural society, as well as the American Revolution and Civil War. Here one witnesses the creation, pre-eminence and decline of the Southern plantation society and is drawn into the lives of the people and events that shaped our nation's history.
Charleston Raconteurs provides two types of tours:
(1) Leigh will work with you to create your own private, customized "Bucket List" of things to do and see. Your tour can be as long or as short as you would like; you set the schedule.
(2) You may wish to select from among some of our most popular tours, listed below. These tours can be either private or part of a larger group, depending on your preference.
* Architectural & Cultural Overview of Charleston (recommend 2 hours)
* A Day on the Cooper River (recommend full day)
* The French Santee: Cradle of Charleston's Great Plantation Society (recommend full day)
* The Sea Islands of Charleston (recommend full day)
* Lost Charleston (2 hours)
* The Ironwork and Legacy of Philip Simmons (2 hours)
* Charleston's Public Square: Hell, Wicked Places, and Some Really Great Jazz (recommend 2 hours)
Prices vary depending on what you would like to see and do. We can include scenic picnics or meals featuring authentic Lowcountry cuisine. Tell us what it will take to make your visit to Charleston unforgettable, and we'll make it happen.